Cannabis is regarded as the five essential plants in Vedas, and for a good reason. Cannabis or “Vijaya” helps one to attain victory over sufferings.
However, so much has been said to misled about the plant, that people often get confused. Its beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder. Cannabis can be abused, yes. Similarly like anything used in excess is bad. But the medicine has so much potential to help in various ailments and act as a boon for mankind, if used in the right way.
We are witnessing a much needed mind shift with ongoing research and worldwide law reforms, which has brought the focus back to the benefits of Cannabis.
So, Why Cannabis?
Cannabis has been used since thousands of years in India to alleviate pain, relax muscles, stimulate appetite, improve sleep and reduce anxiety.
Cannabis is a vital ingredient in more than 80 traditional Ayurvedic formulas, in varying quantities. For individuals suffering from Insomnia, it works –
- As an effective sleep aid, as it restores person’s natural sleep cycle.
- With analgesic properties, it can provide relief from chronic pain,
- Its anti-anxiety properties help calm down mind and body,
- Reduces stress and improves mood
Please be advised that Cannabis is a medicine that works differently on different individuals and thus should be started slow to analyze its impact and interpret the right dose. It is best consumed under the guidance of a doctor and in moderation.
How is cannabis associated with sleep?
The herb contains many cannabinoids, which affects the body through the endocannabinoid system, the receptors of which are located in throughout our body. This system is a biochemical communication system of the body and regulates our physiology, mood, and everyday experience. Endocrine system regulates the processes such as sleep, energy storage, growth and development. Endocrine system disruption can lead to various disorders, including anxiety and insomnia.
Cannabinoids have the potential to regulate endocrine system and improve sleep patterns by reducing anxiety and improving REM sleep.
Which sleep disorders can be treated with Cannabis?
We sleep to rest the body and reset the mind for the next day. Imagine the plight of those who cannot get a restful sleep. Medicinal cannabis has been proven to be a boon for such patients, suffering from a range of sleep disorders. The five most common and precarious sleep disorders that can be benefitted by Cannabis are mentioned below:
- Sleep Apnea
Sleep apnea causes breathing to be interrupted for 10-30 seconds in one go, which causes loss of oxygen resulting in disturbed sleep.
Unable to fall asleep, when you want to, can cause a lot of stress. When this happens for a prolonged number of days, it is termed as insomnia.
- REM Sleep Behavior Disorder
You must have seen people talking or walking or moving their limbs, while sleeping, this is REM Sleep disorder, where the person enacts the dreams.
- Hyper somnolence
Hyper somnolence makes people very sleepy during the day. This situation does not get better even after a nightlong sleep.
- Restless Leg Syndrome
This disorder creates an irresistible urge to shake your legs. Movements of legs cause lot of disturbance in falling asleep.
Choose Authentic Products
Vedi Herbals offers 100% organic ayurvedic products, which can help treat your sleep issues-
- Sarpagandha Ghan Vati is one of the best natural medicines by Vedi Herbals to treat insomnia, along with high blood pressure and alcoholism, the most apparent problems in today’s world. Infused with the goodness of Cannabis, it is a good remedy for hypertension and insomnia.
- Vijaya Capsules (Cannabis Sativa) is a full spectrum cannabis extract, standardized to 4% CBD and 2% THC. Capsules available in 2:1 ratio are considered to be ideal for treating insomnia. Vijaya Capsules works on the interactions of cannabinoids with our own endocannabinoid system and help to regulate movement, mood, memory, appetite, pain and many other activities.
Ayurvedic Cannabis also has minor side effects, which can be easily reduced by including the following in your diet:
- Cannabis may have heating effects in body, so try to balance it with other herbs and foods, which have qualities pacifying its harmful effects. Consume foods that have cooling, moistening, nourishing effects.
- Ghee is an ideal treat for overall nourishment of body and digestion. While using Cannabis, ghee must be a part of diet.
- Spices such as cumin, coriander, fennel, rose, saffron have cooling digestive qualities, including them in your diet will also help.
- Pomegranate Juice, grape juice and coconut water are very refreshing, cooling, thirst quenching and improve digestion.
In the recent years, Cannabis has received immense attention and appreciation due to its enormous medicinal potential. Studies and time have proven that Cannabis definitely is a holistic herbal treatment for sleep disorders.
17 thoughts on “Using Cannabis and Ayurveda to Improve Sleep”
Awesome post! Keep up the great work! 🙂
Great content! Super high-quality! Keep it up! 🙂
I’m not sure where you are getting your info, but great topic. I needs to spend some time learning more or understanding more. Thanks for excellent info I was looking for this info for my mission.
Hi, i foud https://hempcann.wpengine.com very useful. The Using Cannabis and Ayurveda to Improve Sleep page it is well written and has
helped me a lot. I and my friends Corey and JayneRowvy used the
best product to lose weight and to be fit in summer. Now we have forgotten the nasty fat and we are glad of our weight.
Now I feel beautiful and attractive.I am so happy!!!
It’s not my first time to pay a visit this web page, i am browsing this
web site dailly and obtain nice facts from here every day.
Great looking internet site. Think you did a whole lot of your very own coding.
Thanks, this site is extremely useful.
Everything is very open with a precise explanation of the issues.
It was really informative. Your website is extremely helpful.
Thank you for sharing!
Very nice post. I just stumbled upon your blog
and wished to say that I have truly enjoyed browsing your blog posts.
After all I will be subscribing to your rss feed and I hope you write again soon!
I am in fact delighted to glance at this webpage posts which contains tons of useful data, thanks
for providing these kinds of information.
Hi, yeah this article is actually nice and I have learned lot
of things from it regarding blogging. thanks.
I just want to mention I am just beginner to weblog and absolutely enjoyed this web-site. Likely I’m planning to bookmark your site . You absolutely have remarkable article content. Bless you for sharing your web site.
Thanks for finally talking about > Using Cannabis and Ayurveda to Improve Sleep – Hempcann < Liked it!
Like!! Thank you for publishing this awesome article.
thanks sir sharing this article with us
thanks sharing this article with us. I don’t know herbal is grt medicine for me means i m suffering with sleep disorder.
Wow, that’s what I was looking for, what a information! present here at
this blog, thanks admin of this site.